Production slates have been around since the beginning because they provide the editor with a critical visual reference (scene, date, take number, etc.). This is why a slate can always be seen on any professional film or digital set. With this in mind, Spectra pooled their knowledge with well known slate manufacturers that have more than 40 years in the business to create an affordable yet durable production slate.
Spectra acrylic engraved slates were specially designed with all the best features while keeping budget in check. Made by hand in small batches just like the old-school Don Earl slates. They are built to last with superb craftsmanship and materials.
Spectra utility slates are produced from 30% translucent acrylic to allow back-lighting for easy reading under low light shooting conditions. All slate text is laser engraved to assure it will never fade or wear away. Sticks are made from hand selected poplar for good audio resonance and resiliency. Sized with standardized dimensions to fit into a standard Camera Assistant Front Box. Erasable marker and eraser block included.
Don’t be fooled! Unlike the cheaply made souvenir shop slates you might see online, Spectra hand crafted slates are built to last. You won’t find a better made slate for the money!
- Dimensions: W11″ x H9.5″ (sized to fit in a standard Camera Assistant Front Box)
- Weight: 0.8 pounds
- Sticks: Poplar hardwood
- Slate Material: 30% translucent acrylic (for back lighting)
- Slate Text: Front engraved. Will never fade or wash away!
- Magnet: Specialized ceramic magnet to prevent double clapping.
- Hinge: Robust anodized 6061 aluminum hinge
- Marker and Eraser Block: Included
- Country of Origin: Hand made in California USA