Zeolite sieve technology in packets developed by Kodak, especially for film and tape archiving! Unlike the standard silica gel packets found in medicine bottles, Kodak sieves are formulated to absorb a greater volume of moisture and vapors that specifically damage film. Contains unique chemical compounds that actually retard acids and vinegar syndrome which accelerate film decay. Simply toss a few packets in with your film for years of added protection.
- Application: Absorbs moisture and vapors that can harm archived film or tape. Retards acids and vinegar syndrome.
- Construction: Semi-permeable Tyvek packet containing 12.5 grams of molecular zeolite desiccant
- Absorption: Can dry contained air to an extremely low PPMv level, <100 ppm (%RH)
- Replacement: Provides maximum protection for approximately 2 years if stored under standard room temperature conditions at a relatively low humidity. Provides maximum protection up to 15 years if stored under recommended NAPM conditions.
- Compatibility: Useful for acetate film, nitrate film, polyester film and all magnetic recording tape.
- Applicable To All Film Formats: 8mm, 9.5mm, 16mm, 35mm, 70mm and many more.
- Manufacture Origin: Developed and produced in the USA by Eastman Kodak