Considered the strongest tapes covering 4 frames while most splices only cover 2 frames. This tape is perforated to allow full coverage on both sides of the film surface while leaving sprocket holes totally unobstructed. Because these tapes are made for 16mm, regular8 and super 8 formats, they tend to be the most popular when adapting them for use on non-Kodak splicers that had their brand of tape discontinued long ago. If you can no longer get a specific splice tape for your splicer, Kodak brand tape is probably going to be the best substitution to attempt.
Each tape packet contains enough tape for 20 splices with tape applied to both sides of the film. Tapes may not have “Presstape” printed on white paper wraps (dependent on inventory). Kodak Universal Splicer sold separately.
- Select from 16mm, Super 8 and Regular 8 tapes.
- 8mm tapes offer 4-frame coverage on both sides for best strength.
- Tapes are perforated for best film coverage while leaving sprocket holes unobstructed.
- Each packet of tapes contains enough tape for 20 splices (both sides)
- Best tape for substitution attempts with other splicers.
- Fresh tape inventory for best adhesive quality (no more than 1 year)
- Splicer sold separately.